Established in the memory of park lover Sandra B. Phelps-Wilson, this fund helps ensure Balboa Park has the resources it needs for the park’s beautiful and historical landscapes. Thanks to the vision of Sandra’s husband, Mr. Bob Wilson, Friends of Balboa Park has the honor of serving as steward of this important fund, accepting tax-deductible donations which are designated specifically and exclusively towards Balboa Park’s many horticulture and botanical needs.
Under the coordination of Friends’ Horticulture Committee and in partnership with the City of San Diego’s Park & Recreation Department, monies from this fund go towards such horticultural capital improvement projects in Balboa Park as:
- Care of existing trees
- Planting of new trees
- Maintenance of existing landscape features
- Design and installation of new landscaping features
- Removal of dead or dying trees and other flora
- Landscape irrigation systems
- Soil preparation and site grading
- Special botanical displays
- Other botanical/horticultural elements within the boundary of Balboa Park in public view
Support Balboa Park’s horticultural beauty today.