Friends of Balboa Park announces the new Adopt-A-Plot Program by the City of San Diego’s Park and Recreation Department for the 2015 Centennial Celebration. The Adopt-A-Plot program will be administered by the 2015 Horticulture Committee (2015HC) comprised of volunteers from Friends of Balboa Park, other groups and Park and Recreation staff. To read the program summary, click here. For FAQs, click here.
Most plots will be for temporary landscape projects within Balboa Park. All proposals must conform to the City of San Diego’s standards and guidelines. Each plot proposal will be subject to the approval of the 2015HC.
Click here for information on Balboa Park Adopt-A-Plot plots that Need Sponsors.
Click here for information on Balboa Park Adopt-A-Plot plots that Have Sponsors.
- Click here for answers to frequently asked questions.
Temporary- will be removed at the end of the 2015 celebration year. Landscape must be returned to the state prior to the temporary installation.
Permanent- landscape improvement will not be removed after celebration.
Special Event- an event during the celebration year (Dec. 31, 2014 – Jan. 1, 2016) that features a horticulture theme. This may be an annual garden club event that is expanded for the celebration year or a new event.
- Plant trees to ensure a healthy park forest for the next 100 years.
- Enhance the plantings in and around the Botanical Building and Lily Pond, and in the specialty gardens in Balboa Park.
- Install and maintain color flowerbeds throughout the park.
- Install and maintain plant baskets in the Central Mesa.
- Provide interpretive signs and maps for horticulture displays and gardens.
Any amount is greatly appreciated!
For donations of $10,000 and above, please contact Leslie at Friends of Balboa Park
Donations can be made directly to support these projects via the Friends of Balboa Park:
- By phone: (619) 232-2282
- By mail: Balboa Park Landscape Enhancement
Friends of Balboa Park
2125 Park Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92101
- Please make checks payable to “Friends of Balboa Park”
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and so we may include your name on an e-mail list for alerts, volunteer opportunities and other updates about this program.