Two structures on each side of the Cabrillo Bridge originally installed for the 1915 Panama-California Exposition as main entry to The Park
Fell into disrepair until Friends of Balboa Park accepted them as a restoration project in 2014
Structures now restored and welcome visitors to west end of the Park, just as intended more than a century ago
Bestowed Save Our Heritage Organization (SOHO) Award for distinction in restoration for a public Park
Project budget: $140,000
We appreciate the support and partnership of this project by the community, City of San Diego Park and Recreation Department, City of San Diego Historical Resources Board, the Committee of One Hundred, and the Hughes Family.
Gate Houses Restoration2017-06-042018-01-30https://friendsofbalboapark.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/oldlogo.pngFriends of Balboa Parkhttps://friendsofbalboapark.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/project4-1.jpg200px200px