Friends of Balboa Park is proud to get you behind the scenes around Balboa Park. If you are a regular Park visitor, you have probably heard one of the noontime bell medleys coming from the California Tower. But few people know the process behind the sound. To read more about this fascinating instrument and its rich history in the park, and to find out how you can submit a song request, click here to view entire article submitted by current Carillonneur Gina Seashore.
Balboa Park Calendar
- Tue 6/18/2013: Bi-Nacional de Mambo Orchestra - Twilight in the Park Summer Concert
- Wed 6/19/2013: Cat-illacs - Rock n' Roll - Twilight in the Park Summer Concert
- Thu 6/20/2013: Dixie Express - Traditional & Swing - Twilight in the Park Summer Concert
- Sat 6/22/2013: Despicable Me - Summer Movies in the Park
- Tue 6/25/2013: Stars on the Water - Tropical Rock n' Roll - Twilight in the Park Summer Concert
FOBP in Social Media
Residents Free TuesdaysAs a public service, Park organizations offer free admission on a rotating basis on the first four Tuesdays of the month to San Diego City & County residents (with ID), active military & their dependents. Click here to view schedule of participating museums.
Junior Friends of Balboa Park